The National Energy Solutions Institute (NESI) will fuse the needs of private industry in energy production, distribution and conservation with practical and impactful academic research. The emphasis of the research will be on providing “energy solutions” for the current and future needs of the nation. Researchers will work in collaboration with private, state and federal sectors to enable the nation’s transition to a sustainable energy future. The Institute will also emphasize education and training in order to supply the state and nation with the educated workforce needed to advance energy technology, policy and economics. In addition, the Institute will act as a focus for outreach activities to provide topical and relevant information to policy makers and technologists to enable the growth of sustainable energy enterprises in the modern world.
- To establish OSU’s leadership in developing sustainable energy solutions.
- To establish strategies for clean (environmentally friendly), efficient, economical, renewable, socially acceptable and sustainable energy.
- To strengthen collaboration with energy policy makers, regulators, and private, state and federal sectors to enable research and development of energy solutions programs and to assist in the demonstration and commercialization of energy technologies.
- To provide educational opportunities and training to the future energy industry workforce as well as continuing education for energy-related industries.
- To develop and conduct innovative energy outreach activities.